Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I can't believe she's 5!





My beautiful little girl is growing up...I can't believe how fast the first 5 years went by. She has spent the last couple of weeks trying to convince me to change her birthday cause she couldn't possibly wait any longer. On Jan 25 I told her Aunt Diann's birthday is in 2 days. Her response? Well maybe mine can be in two days and Diann's can be later. lol I love her so much and don't know what I would ever do without her.
She wanted to take pictures with her best friend (and cousin) Anjolina. They were so cute and funny. They came up with alot of their own poses with only some occasional help from me. Of course thats's to be expected from Alexia when I have a camera in her face all the time. So here are just a few. The rest will be on my dropshots site when I get a chance to post them. If you don't have the link or password and want it then let me know.
In 6 minutes (3:13am) she will officially be 5! And guess where she wants to go eat for her birthday? Olive Garden! Lucky Us! She became obsessed with the place over the summer but when her and Andrew misbehaved there one day we told them we wouldn't bring them there for a long time. Then she went crazy for Texas Roadhouse, but mostly because her cousin, Judy worked there and she fell in love with her. (She didn't know her until this summer cause she lived in Oregon) So when making her decision last week on where she wanted to have her birthday dinner she said "maybe Olive Garden or Texas Roadhouse, will we tell Judy? And then they will come sing to me?" (we went to Texas Roadhouse for Andrew's birthday and told cousin Judy it was his birthday) When I told her "honey, Judy won't be there. She doesn't live here anymore. She moved back to Oregon" her eyes welled up with tears and her chin started to quiver. I asked what's wrong and she said, "I'm just really going to miss Judy." It broke my heart. She thought she was never going to see her again. Once I hugged her and explained that she was our family and we would get to see her at reunions she felt a little better.

1 comment:

em&m said...

Her pictures look great. She looks so sweet. What a beautiful little girl. Your blog made me realize I need to appreciate my time with my little girl more. They grow up so fast! Next time I go to St. George i want you to take pictures for my fam. You are great! I just realized today you had a blog. So, I had a lot of catching up to do. you really write a lot!
love you.