So here's the real story.
We went sledding/tubing with some friends in Cedar Canyon. It was lots of fun. I only went down a couple times. Alexia and Isaac couldn't get enough of it and all Andrew wanted to do was eat snow. At first anyways then all he wanted to do was go home. We had a little BBQ there for dinner then when we almost loaded up to go home we decided to go down a couple more times.
Unfortunately that's when I hit my head. I was going down on some stupid little disc thingy. I almost didn't go but everyone talked me into it. (guess I should listen to the spirit). So I went down and that's all I remember. So I really can't tell you what happened! JK I didn't hit it that hard. It did happen really fast though. Isaac says I went over a bump and caught some air. Everyone was cheering. Including all the people I didn't know. That's when I fell back and hit the back of my head on the ice. It hurt so bad. The crowd went "ooh" and got quiet. Then I fell off. I remember thinking, "I am so glad that's over." Then I sat up and the next thing I knew I was going down the rest of the hill. Somehow I had sat back on the disc thingy. Everyone started cheering again. They thought I did it on purpose. The last part of that ride seemed to take forever. My head hurt and I felt like I was gonna puke.
After we went home I figured I had a concussion since I was extremely nauseous and dizzy. I couldn't even go to the bathroom without feeling like I was gonna pass out. I had a concussion once before (really stupid how it happened too) so I figured I would just stay in bed as much as possible and would be better in a few days.
2 days later on Monday Isaac took me to the chiropractor. I felt like I had whiplash. He fixed me and I felt a little better. Thanks Joel!
Well Thursday, 5 days after, nothing had improved so we went to instacare. When we told them what happened they immediately sent us to the emergency room. They did a CT scan and found bleeding in the brain cavity. Since it had been 5 days they didn't know what to do because my symptoms hadn't worsened. So they admitted me to the hospital and did another CT scan the next morning to determine if the bleeding had stopped. It had so they just kept me another night to observe and make sure everything was ok.
I went home on Saturday, January 4th. They gave me some nausea medication but it knocked me out so I couldn't take it when I was home alone with the kids. Luckily I have a wonderful ward that brought us lots of dinners and babysit the kids for me. I seriously don't know what I would have done without all their help. I was down for 2 1/2 weeks before I had any real improvement. Then it was another week before I really started feeling better and returned to work. Saturday, February 2nd I finally started feeling like myself again and got my energy back. I actually was able to kinda run up the stairs at work again. Until that day I held the rail and prayed I didn't fall. So now I am me again. Well almost....I think I hit my head harder than I realized. I am a lot ditzier now than I used to be. I say alot of stupid things, but I think something jiggled a few parts of my brain and made them work better. Cause I swear my math skills have improved and so have some other things. LOL
So to everyone that helped us out THANK YOU so much! I really can't express how much it meant to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment