
3 weeks ago when we had our ultrasound and found out that we would be having a sweet baby boy the doctor was concerned that the heart wasn't completely ok. So he scheduled us to go see a specialist to do another ultrasound at a maternal fetal medicine place... we went to see him and got the not so good news that our little one has an ASD (atrial septal defect) which is basically a hole in the heart...luckily it is one of the more minor heart problems but can still require surgery...or we can get lucky and it can heal itself...(hopefully it will)...for now they are just going to monitor the baby so on the plus side I will get to have more ultrasounds which I love, but that still doesn't help my crazy pregnancy emotions...it has however given me a greater appreciation for the health of my other 2 children.
So if I haven't seemed myself the last few weeks then you know why...I've tried to not let the possibility of it affect me but obviously it has been...although I didn't realize it was...I guess it has subconsciously been on my mind the past few weeks...and now that we have a diagnosis I can't seem to stop thinking about it...I'm sure everything will turn out the way the Lord intends...it's just the wondering and not knowing that gets to me...
So if I haven't seemed myself the last few weeks then you know why...I've tried to not let the possibility of it affect me but obviously it has been...although I didn't realize it was...I guess it has subconsciously been on my mind the past few weeks...and now that we have a diagnosis I can't seem to stop thinking about it...I'm sure everything will turn out the way the Lord intends...it's just the wondering and not knowing that gets to me...
10 comments:
Veronica,
Your baby will be ok. If you need anything, let me know. If you want me to take your kids so you can have a night out with your husband, give me a call. Hang in there. I know it will all work out.
Hey- we will keep you in our prayers.. It's always scary to hear these things. We hope that things go well, and let us know if there is anything that we can do!
Everything will be fine! Trust in the Lord and whatever happens it will be fine! You are a strong person and you will get through this too!
My neice was born with this a couple of years ago but hers healed completely on its own. Sorry to hear about your little guy. We pray for the best for you guys.
I sooo understand the worry of wondering and not knowing. Things will work out. Just try to remind yourself that it is in God's hands, so not to worry. Just leave the worrying up to Him and enjoy the moment. I will keep you in my prayers.
I'm sorry you have to go through this! We are all praying for you! Keep us updated on the ultrasounds to come. If you need to vent or someone to lean on, when days are rough, you know where to find me!!!!
Hope you're hanging in ok. Love you!
God will send your baby to this earth the way it supposed to come. My family has had a lot of baby's this last year come with little problems, but the lord truly works miracles. I know that it's hard, but God has a plan for your sweet baby boy. Let me know if you need anything.
oh veronica I'm so sorry! I will pray for you and your baby boy. keep us updated.
okay lady! long time NO talk! did you have your other ultra sound yet? how are things?
Post a Comment