This is the first time, Isaac, will post on this blog. I know it is out of the ordinary, but here it goes. Oft times, you go through life, well to put it more correctly, life almost goes through you, and you just are going through the motions. Time goes and goes and goes. Then days, weeks, months, and maybe even years go by. Then something happens, and you wake up from your little "trance." That something could be anything, it is different with everyone. But, you look back upon the time that has passed by, and you wonder, "Did I experience that? How did I get where I am at now? Am I what I want to be now, or have I lost contact with myself?"
I find that often times, especially with young members of the Latter-day Saint faith, at least from what I have seen, we find ourselves just going through the motions. I have found that we sort of lose contact [sight] with who we really are, and what we are meant to become. We get stuck with the "Day to Day" activities, but don't take the time to reconnect. Ya, we go to church every week. Ya, we fufill our callings. Ya, we experience life, but do we really? Do we see what truely lies in front of us? Do we look beyond ourselves, and see the "BIG PICTURE?" Do we really see, as Pochahontas says in the Disney film, "Whats around the river bend?"
Think about it.
Fortunately, we have a fail safe. It takes a little bit of faith on our part, but it works. First and foremost, I have learned that the Adversary is a professional distractor. It is not that he outwardly tries to make us fall into a large trench. OH, NO!! Far from the truth. His success is found in everyday decisions. Those decisions that make us choose to watch TV and play video games, rather than read to our children. When I have a friend over, do we gossip about another neighbor, or do I choose to comunicate something uplifting and praiseworthy. Those decisions to make us choose to listen to the radio versus enjoying the silence of meditation and thought. Every decision we make has a direct out come of how we think, feel, and react to life. I feel that we were created to create, but we can only create when we are full of thoughts that breed creativity. Our character is the sum of our actions, and our actions are the sum of our thoughts. Therefore, if we choose to be entertained instead of creating ways to grow. We fail to utilize and raise up to our full potential.
So, the final question would be, Are you experiencing life to the fullest, or are you just going through the motions?
I would like to say that I am experiencing life, but unfortunately, this may not be the case all the time. The point is I am trying. Sometimes, more frequently than I prefer, I fall short of perfection. However, I know that if Jesus Christ can do it, so can I. I know that he never lost "sight" of himself and what he was to become and accomplish in this life experience. And, I choose to do the same.
1 comment:
TRUE!! I really like how you put it, straight forward. Thanks for the thought and hopefully I can really enjoy what the Lord has in store for me and the boys.
Post a Comment