Bright an early Monday morning on April 6th I headed to the doctors office for a prenatal visit....with the due date only 10 days away I was more than ready for this sweet baby to be here....but it still came as a shock when the doctor announced that I needed to go home and get the things I needed then be at the hospital around noon...my blood pressure had gotten to high and we needed to get the baby out before it became unsafe...
So I headed home and made some calls...while Isaac headed back to work to wrap some things up....Aunt Autumn came and picked the kids up so they could spend the next couple of nights at her house! Thank you so much for that Autumn, they had a blast! My mom met me at my house then followed us over to the hospital.
When I got there it seemed to take forever to get everything ready and have all the info filled out...finally they started the induction....it was really strange to me to be having a baby without actually having gone into labor....they started the pitocen (however you spell it) and began upping the dosage pretty quickly, but when the baby's heart rate started slowing down the nurse turned it off and called the doctor who said to take it slower...all the while my blood pressure was getting lower and lower....until it was almost back to normal....
It seemed to be taking forever....I thought getting induced would go alot faster! After hours of nothing the doctor finally arrived sometime around 5:00pm...he had wrapped up all of his appointments and decided it was time to break my water. Of course the blood pressure monitor went off right then and my BP was through the roof, but what do you expect when my water is being broken!
After the Dr. broke my water he went to finish up some paper work. He decided I was a very convenient patient since he was able to finish all of his appointments and even complete his paper work before delivering the baby and then he was able to go home at a decent hour!
When it was time for the nurses to change shifts I ended up with the same delivery nurse that I had with Alexia's birth! She was a great nurse! Her name is Pearl.
Breaking my water did the trick and the contractions really started coming....it all happened really fast! It was still weird though because the contractions were not the same as when my body had started them on its own! And yeah it was way more painful being induced!
Finally at 7:17pm I had my sweet baby boy! I was shaking so bad that I couldn't hold him for more than a few seconds....but once I ate something I was able to snuggle up with him for the next couple of days! He was not ready to come out and wasn't so sure what he thought of this crazy world at first....Oh, and YES I did it all natural....no epidural for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment