Sunday, April 13, 2008

I Hurt the Drawer

This afternoon Isaac and I were hanging out while the kids played in their room....but then we heard a loud crack and knew one of the kids got hurt

Andrew had hit his head on one of the drawers corners that are under his bed...poor little guy...it was bleeding pretty badly. Isaac cleaned it up and put a bandaid over it and told me that it was a pretty deep cut...and it kept bleeding under the bandaid...We decided we better take him to the doctor then Andrew told us he wanted to go to the hospital and since it is sunday nothing is open but the emergency room so we put him in the car to take him to the ER. Isaac took awhile to get in and when we were leaving Andrew said "you need to take me to the hospital, the hospital is far away" Then when we were almost there he said "I have to tell Jaquete I hurt the drawer" lol I'm pretty sure the drawer is going to be ok!

Well it turns out that Andrew remembered going to the hospital over 3 months ago to take mommy and he remembered there were toys in the waiting room and that is the only reason he wanted to go there. He seemed ok but with the big gash above his eye we figured he would need some stitches. Boy did he throw a few big tantrums whenever he had to be taken away from the toys.

He got 5 stitches in all and was not happy at all about it! Alexia stood on the chair and watched and looked like she was going to cry till they told her that he couldn't feel it. And I completely understood cause I felt the same way! Isaac had to hold his arms and hands while I held his legs and the ER nurse John held his head...since I had read my friend Sisalee's blog about her little boy getting stitches I knew what to expect which made it easier.

It is actually alot deeper than it looks in this picture...right before getting stitches. It looked like the deep part was a big hole and it was all the way to the bone. It made me want to cry.

3 comments:

Goodrich said...

Poor little guy. What is it with boys and stitches. SCARS aren't so cool, at least I don't think they are, they cause mom's to have a lot of pain. I hope all is well. Congrats on being done with work. Let's get together, (Sing it like on Parent Trap).

em&m said...

oh, poor kid. I hope he and the drawer are feeling better today.

Tina said...

Poor little guy! Did they give you the option to sedate him? That's what I had to do with Rachel when she split open her nose. There was no way holding her down was option. She freaked even when they put the "barbie soap" on the cotton ball.