Saturday, March 8, 2008

Attack of The Q-Tips!

Thursday I went in my bathroom where there was water all over the toilet seat. Then I found a whole bunch of Q-tips in the trash can. Upon closer observation I realized they were all wet...gross
Then I noticed the brand new thing of Q-tips was almost empty...and they too were all wet.
So I put 2 and 2 together and figured out the kids had knocked them off of the shelf above the toilet and into the bowl. At least they cleaned them out right...WRONG!
In the middle of the night I went to use the toilet and it almost overflowed. So not very happily I tried plunging the toilet...nothing....so I plunged some more...still nothing. By this time I was getting very mad at the toilet. I just wanted to go to bed. So after plunging some more and still getting no where that is exactly what I did. I went back to bed.
To make sure Isaac didn't get up and use the toilet I left the lid up with the plunger in it. And of course I wake up to him plunging away at the toilet the next morning...and he too got no where!
So we locked up the door and used the other bathroom all day. I figured the kids must have flushed some of the Q-tips down and they were blocking it up. There were so many in the trash that I figured it wasn't very many.
I decided to ask Alexia if they had flushed any of the Q-tips down and she says, "yeah, a few."
"How many," I ask and she only keeps telling me, "a few." She tells me all about how they dug most of them out of the toilet and put them in the trash then they just flushed the rest, but it was only a few...
So Isaac borrows some snake/plumber thingy from work that they rent out. Lucky for us we just got to borrow it. He brings it home and it won't go all the way down cause of the curve.
So today he buys a new wax ring and takes the toilet apart and what do we find....lots and lots of Q-tips! Not fun! But at least it is all fixed and working again and it didn't cost that much to fix. I'm so grateful I have a handy husband!

5 comments:

Joel and Kristie said...

Oh MAN sooo Frustrating!! Welcome to the take the toilet apart to find out exactly what they flushed game, we've played one toooo many times!!HEHE!!!

Joel and Kristie said...

You NEVER really feel like a winner at the end of that game!:)

raw mom said...

yummy.

em&m said...

that is so gross! AAAArrrrgh! kids and toilets don't mix. Sometimes I wish we could just let them run around outside naked. Voila! no more messes.

Tina said...

That is so nasty!!!!! LOL