My thumb has been bothering me lately but when I got home from work Saturday night it started to really hurt...it got so bad that I had a hard time getting to sleep...I was hoping it wasn't the same problem that I had back in November..... I had an infection in my flexor tendon on my middle finger of my left hand. It got pretty bad before I went to the doctor and I ended up not being allowed to do anything for over a week because of it. Most of my hand was swollen and it was extremely painful. If left untreated it will spread through all the tendons and could have to be amputated if it doesn't heal! Scary! I had to go to the orthopaedic surgeon (the hand doctor) about 4 or 5 times in less than a week so he could monitor it! Lucky for me it healed pretty well, but it took a long time for the tendon to go back to normal...Isaac took the week off work since I wasn't allowed to do anything!
Well when I woke up Sunday morning to get ready for church it had worsened. I tried to stay home and sleep but the pain was so bad that I felt like I was going to puke. I called Isaac and asked him to come home and take me to the doctor now instead of waiting until after church...Thank you so much to our good neighbors/friends, Matt & Aubrie (spelling?), the kids were able to stay and finish church. Thank you so very much!! They didn't want to leave their house when we picked them up! They were both concerned that they wouldn't get to go back!
Well it turns out it is the same thing...one of those weird fluke medical things that only happens to a few people and now it's happened to me twice in less than a year!?! So now I am stuck at home, one-handed...it's not easy only having one hand! And I can't do anything... (I'm probably not supposed to be on the computer typing one-handed blogs in the middle of the night, but the pain meds only help so much with the pain so it's hard to sleep when I'm not completely drugged up) I'm not sure how I'm supposed to take care of my kids, but I guess I'll figure it out...I always do!
Isaac says I play things off in front of other people so that they don't know how much pain I'm in or how bad things really are. What can I say I'm a good actress! Feel free to come visit me so I don't get lonely! But beware, the pain meds can make me kinda loopy sometimes! Hopefully it will heal alot sooner this time since I actually went to the doctor alot sooner instead of waiting so long!
Thanks again so much for watching our kids for us M & A!!!
3 comments:
What in the world?!!!! You have some the craziest medical problems I have ever heard of, I am just glad this time you went to the doctor early, not like the concussion!!!! Hang in there!
Oh my gosh! I can't believe that happened again!!! I wish I could drive so I could come hang out with you. Saturday night I started having contractions so I'm exhausted. In four weeks we should be able to hang again.
Yeah I know...but you know me...I probably wouldn't have gone so soon if it hadn't already happened to me before....since I knew what it was I knew I needed to go sooner rather than later...
Post a Comment